So, like everything with the second pregnancy and baby, I am a little behind the ball. Sorry, Amalia. I meant to write at one month, but all of a sudden we are getting closer and closer to two months and I haven't yet written. I'm still proud I wrote your birth story before you turned one. Better late than never, and I will try, I promise, to get your month letters done on the month. Really, I will.
Amalia,
You are now six weeks old. A marvel. The chubby cheeks you were born with have gotten yet chubbier, and your big brown eyes have the power to melt grown mommies and daddies into puddles of love. You have brought such joy to our lives and our home. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown, how you are no longer a tiny newborn (not that you were ever very tiny) and are rapidly becoming a baby. From the moment you were born, you have graced us with the most beautiful grins in your sleep. Constantly. You must have very happy dreams, because a couple weeks later, you began to giggle in your sleep. It is the cutest sound in the world. At three weeks old, on your daddy's birthday, you gave us your first voluntary smile. You love to stare intently at mommy and daddy, hardly blinking, but holding us captive in your eyes. This time, Daddy was holding you and talking to you like he loves to do, and you gave him the greatest birthday present - a real smile! You don't dole out smiles to just anyone for any reason, though. Getting a smile from you is a special time, and we all stop whatever we are doing to come see.
You make the funniest noises. You are hardly ever quiet, even when sleeping. You make all sorts of groans and grunts and sighs. Sometimes, you sound just like a horse, other times like a car squealing its tires. You have an incredible cry. I don't have to worry about your lungs, because the volume when you are unhappy is certainly loud enough to get our attention, even if we don't happen to be nearby.
You love your big sister. In fact, this morning, you and she were cuddling together in our bed, and you gave her some of your biggest smiles yet. She loves to hold you and kiss you and hug you. You watch her with the same intensity you watch us.
Mommy and Daddy have both been bathed by you. You are a 'happy spitter' and spew impressive amounts of partially digested milk, usually once a day or so. You are content and gaining weight, so the doctor isn't worried, but the milk takes an arc and flies several feet away. It's quite the sight to see. We do a lot of laundry, my dear.
I adore being your mother. I love every inch of you. I love to smell your neck and stroke your hair. I love to rock you and cuddle you. I love how you grab so tightly to my finger (or my hair or my necklace). I love how you snuggle in. I love your sounds, I love your smile. I love everything about you. Happy six weeks, honey.
Love,
Mama

2 comments:
oh, my god, i just want to cuddle her!
Love it! Love her! Love you guys!
Post a Comment