Guess you can't guess which daughter I am referring to in the title! Actually, either guess would technically be correct, but this time, I am talking about Miss Amalia. I am seriously dreading the tantrums that are sure to arise as she gets older. And I'm not even going to think about 13!
This child is so stubborn, so opinionated, and so very loud. When I went to class weekly and she was a wee little thing, she took a bottle just fine. That all changed the day I started back substitute teaching a few times a week. I got home to an exhausted daddy and a screaming baby. Apparently, she refused a bottle, refused the milk in a cup, refused any type of milk at all, refused any other sort of food, and went on a hunger strike which she then complained about all day long. She nursed six times between 4 and 7 o'clock that night. Every day that I've been gone since then she's basically refused any breast milk. Julio could get her to take a tiny bit if in a sippy cup with no valve, but not much. When we had a couple hours for date night, Grandma and Grandpa were reticent to ever say yes to watching her again. She cried, nay, screamed, nonstop. So, heading to work today, I was less than optimistic. I came home and listened. No crying. In fact, she and Sofia and Grandma were reading stories and playing on the floor. She took a bottle! She ate mashed potatoes and applesauce! She napped for THREE hours! See, baby? Your day goes a lot better when you eat.

No comments:
Post a Comment