When date night coincides with Daylight Savings Time, it just isn't fair. Don't these kids know that 6:30 is just way too early?
Julio and I got a much-needed date night last night, and had an absolutely wonderful time enjoying each other with incredible food and delish drinks. We even went to a bar after dinner! We stayed out until 12:30 which was actually 1:30 (thanks DST)! My wonderful mother watched the girlies, and looked pretty sleepy herself this morning. However, the worst part about going out, is knowing that the children didn't go out. They aren't more than a bit tired. They wake up, bright-eyed, same time as always. I managed to squeeze an extra half hour in bed out of Amalia, in which I didn't so much sleep as get my hair pulled, my face scratched, and listen to the darling babbles of a six month old, but at least I got to do those things still in bed. I think a family nap is in order later this afternoon.
The one thing daylight savings time does do, however, is harken the beginning of spring! And what a beginning of spring it is. We have weather in the 50's (already, and it is only 9:00), and I heard geese and sandhill cranes this morning. Even though we never really got a winter this year (not that I'm complaining), it is still such a relief to see all the signs of spring returning.

3 comments:
wait - 6:30 is early? And you get a date night? Uh, sorry sistah. No sympathy here :-)
Yeah, I know. But still. That is the worst part about going out. :)
Becca! You have a new reader.
Post a Comment