Saturday, April 28, 2012

8 Months

Amalia,
Welcome to being eight months old!  So far, you are digging it.

You've always had quite the personality, but lately, it has really been shining.  Most of the time you are the easiest-going baby around, happily playing wherever you are with whatever person is closest to you, but there are times (and those times are increasing) that what I want you to do and what you want to do are two completely different things.  At these times, you complain, loudly.  Not cry.  Not fuss.  You yell.  Screech.  Usually, if we copy your screech or yell, we can illicit a smile and a screech conversation.  You aren't necessarily patient, though, and if there is something you want, you won't be distracted.

You started to wave this month, and even say "Hiiiii..." while waving at us.  Melt my little heart right there.  It is precious.  You also say Mama and Papa.  You give kisses.  You clap.  You are working so hard at crawling, but haven't quite figured it out yet.   You can scoot around, though, and even if it takes you some time, you can get to whatever dangerous object Mommy has tried to move out of reach.

You don't have any teeth yet, but I swear, they are coming.  I've been expecting teeth any minute now since Christmas, though, so I really don't know.  They seem to be bothering you, though, and you often have your tongue rubbing on your bottom front gums.

You are a snuggler.  While we kicked your sister out of our bed at 5 months old because she was just so kicky that nobody got any sleep, you, on the other hand, are the opposite.  You snuggle.  You like to fall asleep and keep asleep with someone's face or hand or body right next to your face, and you snuggle in and hug back.  It is impossible to not give in and enjoy the snuggles.  You still wake up a lot at night to nurse, but since we are so close, I normally don't even wake up.  Sometimes, I'll have you in your crib next to our bed, and wake up with you next to me with no memory of moving you there.  I try to encourage you to fall asleep on your own a bit and learn to soothe yourself, but I'm not trying too hard.

You love to laugh and play and make silly faces and be entertained.  You are loved so much, and love so much in return.  Happy eight months, precious.  Sleep well tonight, okay?

Loveyoualwaysandforever,
Mama





No comments: