Poor baby girl. I've been at about your half-month mark for awhile. Again, you are still 20 months old, so it still counts, right?
My dearest Amalia,
You are quite the girl. You are such a stinker, with extra spunk and love and silliness. When you are doing something you aren't supposed to be doing and someone asks you, you say, "No, nothing!" You love to tickle and laugh and climb all over everyone and everything. You are running, running, running, and trying so hard to jump. You can't get either foot off the ground, but it is hilarious to watch you try. You love to instigate arguments with your sister, and you absolutely love to play with her. Tonight you were playing school and having snack time in your room together. Sofia had put a bib on you and Stitch and you both had set up all your animals with food in front of them. You absolutely love to play pretend and always want to do exactly what everybody else is doing in exactly the same way. You won't accept 'broken food' and need to do everything yourSELF. Put on shoes, take off shoes, put on clothes, take off clothes, climb into your chair, your car seat, your crib, eating all your food. You are so independent and I just love watching you take charge of a room. You are engaging and charming and so sweet and silly and wonderful.
We stopped nursing this month, actually right about your 20 month day, but you aren't giving up asking for it. I feel guilty every time I say no, but we're both doing fine. We get plenty of snuggles, and you drink lots of chocolate milk now. You also started really using the potty this month! Still wet and dirty diapers, but when offered to use the potty, you will often say 'sure!' and have peed and pooped many times on the potty. Especially with Ms. Carrie. She even gave you and temporary tattoo as a potty chair success reward! We're still working on it, but I'm so proud of you.
You really miss your daddy. You often ask to watch the DVD with his pictures, and get so happy talking about him or seeing pictures of him. You gravitate to men more now than you ever did, and I think you are really just missing your daddy. You point out all the men and daddies that you find, and it breaks my heart a little bit every time knowing that you will never see your daddy again. I just want you to know how much he loves you, angelita. You hung the moon for him, my sweet. He will always be in your heart.
I'm so proud of you my sweet, silly, sassy child!
Loveyoualwaysandforever,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment