Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First

There has to be a first everything. First day above freezing in the spring. First colored leaves in the fall. First kiss, first love, first child. First.
This is my first blog post. I'm not sure I have anything to say, but I have an urge to write. First the urge, then the content.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to choose a name for a blog nowadays? I'm a day late and a dollar short on this bandwagon, and every single idea I had was already used. I even tried just typing in random letters on the keyboard. My first try at that was ashe. Taken. Not first.
I landed on Fall and Spring (Spring and Fall was already used, so sorry to whoever that might be. I'm not trying to usurp your idea). I'm a transition. Always a transition, a progress, an ever-changing process. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons. I like the part of looking forward to what is coming, the anticipation of a summer filled with lakes and sunshine and warmth; a winter of snow and Christmas trees and frosted windows.

So. Here goes. My blog. My writing outlet. The illusion that someone might one day be reading might be the motivation I need to actual do it.

for better or worse, here we are.

No comments: