Thursday, March 4, 2010

Future's so bright...

After weeks, months, years, of hem hawing around, not committing, never being sure, my future is getting a path.
I had an appointment with an advisor for the accelerated second degree nursing program at UW-Oshkosh, and it seems that all systems are go.  I'm super excited, and plan on submitting my application tomorrow.
I also have to call BirthWise, a birth center in Appleton.  They are offering a midwife apprenticeship, which is exactly what I'd like to do.  Weighing the two options is difficult.  Ultimately, my goal as a nurse is to be a midwife, or Nurse Practitioner in OB.  The apprenticeship route might get me there much faster.  I might also make me less employable.  There are relatively few places actually hiring midwives, especially ones without nursing degrees.  I plan to meet with the midwives to find out more specifics about the program, and weigh both options.
I have a plan!  I have a path!
In bigger news, Sofia has earned her BIG! PRESENT!  A blue boa with a bright red tongue and propensity to chase the nearest grown-up for a tickle.  Or bite, depending on its mood.
And she's still putting her number 1 and number 2 into the potty, which is a bonus.

No comments: