Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sisterly Love

My girls adore each other.  It warms my heart every time I see them together.  It started with Sofia's adoration for her baby sister while I was still pregnant, and continued every minute since Amalia's been born.  Sure, Sofia is jealous, but I bear the brunt of that, while Amalia gets bombarded with hugs and kisses and peekaboos.

Last night, after their bath, both girls were sitting with their daddy on the couch.  Amalia just started busting a gut at her sister, which caused Sofia to start giggling, which kept Amalia giggling...

When Sofia gets off the bus after school, she's tired.  She's grouchy, hungry, and just wants to be hugged by Mama for awhile.  Today, Amalia was with my mom while Sofia and I cuddled.  After about 10 minutes, Amalia started to cry.  Sofia went over to give her a hug, and Amalia stopped crying, smiled, cooed, and reached out to hug her sister.  She started giggling and talking.  She wanted Sofia to come give her attention!  So darn precious.

I just want to remember these moments and that the girls do actually love each other as they grow.  I am such a blessed Mama.


1 comment:

The Morillo Family said...

Wow, look at that comb-over! Way to rock it, Miss Cheeks! I love that they giggle at each other. Sounds of giggles filling the house really makes all the stressful and sleep-less moments worth it. Love you all xoxoxo