Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Six Days

A little less than a week.

How can that seem like just a blink, yet an entire eternity away?

Six days. It's like having a baby: the six days before the child is born take FOREVER. Seriously, time stops. Thinking about the possibility of having six. whole. days. more of being pregnant is just about as daunting as thinking you'll be pregnant until Christmas. Then, as soon as you have that newborn in your arms, she is six days old, then fifteen months with nary a second to catch your breath. Can those six days really be the same amount of physical time?

Six days. In six days, this election will finally be over (we hope, anyway. I'm personally praying for a non-repeat of 2000, thankyouverymuch). Time for unity. Time for healing. Time for change.

I just hope it is around my candidate. I don't want to be the gracious loser. I want to be the celebratory winner. I want AMERICA to be the winner.

I'm just so nervous. So, time is slowly ticking away, yet racing way too fast. November 4.

ps. I went to vote this morning, and there were lines down the street. Yikes. I'll try again this afternoon.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I so can't wait for this to be over too.
Hopefully those long voting lines bode well for our candidate!!!