We are proudly in posession of a grainy black and white photo of what could convincingly be made out to be the Loch Ness Monster, or Big Foot, or perhaps that other sock that is always missing. But rest assured, it is the nine week ultrasound of our beautiful baby, and let me tell you, it is perfect. And not at all monster-like.
In order to get a more accurate due date, and because my doctor is nice to me, we had another ultrasound today, to measure that baby again, and make sure it is growing appropriately. This little guy or girl has been busy; before, we couldn't quite differentiate the body that housed the beautiful flicker from the lining of the gestational sac, but now, the perfect flicker is directly in the center of the sac with a nine-week baby surrounding it. The ultrasound isn't all that sensitive, and viewing it live, we could hardly tell north from south, but we saw a perfect heart, beating at 175 beats per minute. I've been having a tiny bit of spotting, and we pinpointed the source of the blood; a tiny subchorionic bleed, which the tech reassures me is quite normal and not at all harmful. I will, of course, have to consult Dr. Google before letting my anxieties lie, but I'm not all that concerned.
I still can't believe it is there.
Since Julio was so excited when we first found out, he spilled the beans to Sofia that very morning. She was certain that when we got home today, they would have taken the baby out, and she could hold her baby sister. Sofia will officially think that pregnancy lasts an eternity. We are also going to have to have a good, long conversation with her if we find out at 20 weeks that this child is a boy. She is certain, CERTAIN, I tell you, that she will have a baby sister. She might be right. We tend to make girls in this family.
Anyway, I promise I will blog more often, and perhaps about more things than all-pregnancy-all-the-time, but for today, that's all I can think about.

1 comment:
Yay, Becca! I was visiting some old LAM threads and there was a link to your blog. I had forgotten you had one. So very wonderful to read your hopeful words! Lots of love, dear!
Post a Comment