Well, our wee chickadee has been very busy! After the last ultrasound, I expected it to measure just past 8 weeks. Well, the tech surprised us, measuring it at 9. Then, I got a call from the doctor, saying it actually measured 9 weeks 5 days, moving our due date up to August 19! That was a week and a half ago, so we are now 11 weeks along, and looking forward to an actual OB visit! I have an intake appointment on Tuesday, and will beg for a quick doppler listen. Hearing that amazing flutter will help me immensely.
Along with my elation, I am terrified. We willingly are creating another human being? To be responsible for? What were we thinking? It's hard to imagine how Chickadee will affect our family dynamic, how Sofia will react, if I'll be able to find the time to give them both the attention they deserve. I know people do it every day, but that doesn't make me any less nervous. As a second child myself, I really want to make sure that this little one gets the same love and devotion Sofia did (and does). I want to make sure to take just as many pictures, write down just as many details, remember just as many dates, actually fill out a second baby book. I'm so excited for our family, but so anxious at the same time.

No comments:
Post a Comment