No? Well, damn. Then help me figure out this mess of crap you've piled in my lap, okay?
Apparently, my job doesn't think my family and the life of my husband is more important that my continued productivity. As you can imagine, I've been a bit preoccupied. Productive isn't a word I'd use to describe me right now. So, I'm being let go. For real. No job. That means there are two of us, both healing, both hurting, and not a single job. No health insurance.
I'm scared. I'm humiliated. I feel defeated.
I haven't been the world's best employee. There are things I'd change. I know that. I made mistakes. But the lack of empathy for a person and their real-person life from my company just hurts. I've been there over three years. I've done good work.
Seriously, about that do-over? Can you think about it again, universe?

1 comment:
Oh Becca! I am so sorry! I can't imagine all of the emotions you have right now.
I do know this...you are an amazing woman with a wonderful family. You were doing what you needed to do to be there for your family.
And if your employer can't see that, well, I don't think I should type it here! It's impossible to leave home at home and the fact that they aren't looking big picture is awful.
Many, many hugs being sent to you.
Post a Comment