I like the simple life. Being able to do dishes with my husband is the kind of luxury you miss when working a million hours a week, coupled with said husband working pm shifts.
We got to do dishes together last night. After eating together, watching football together, taking our Christmas tree down together, playing with our daughter together. Normal, every day kind of stuff. The kind of stuff that really gets missed when you don't take the time to do it.
It was a great evening.
I like the simple life. I like to be able to do laundry and vacuum and cook and read a magazine in the morning and perhaps a book at night. I like just sitting on the floor playing toys with my daughter. I really like being home.
I've learned that about myself relatively recently. Don't get me wrong, I love adventure and traveling and going out and doing something. But I love to be home, doing simple, normal things.
Part of this change is to allow me to have that time, to be the mom I want to be; a mom with time for the normal stuff. I want my daughter to get sick of me, not to constantly miss me.
I've got the number to call to start LPN classes. I'm going to do it, today.
We celebrated Kings' Day yesterday, the Parra tradition. It didn't get to be all day, like it should be, since I worked until 3 pm. The kings were lazy, apparently, because they didn't make it under our tree until after dinner time, but Sofia was thrilled nonetheless. Los Reyes brought her stacks of books, which she actually seemed to like. I was extremely proud, too, that when she saw a few presents under the tree, she passed them out to her daddy and me, and then asked if there was one for her. Sharing. What a gem.
We got the tree taken down, we ate our lasagna and lemon meringue pie, drank our hot chocolate with candy canes, and even uncorked a bottle of wine.
We don't get as much family time, all of us together as we should. It was much needed.

No comments:
Post a Comment