I'm not sure I ever had a Braxton Hicks contraction while pregnant with Sofia. Perhaps at the very end while on my daily 3-mile walks in 90 degree heat; then I had a few that lasted the whole walk. This time around, however? Braxton Hicks Central.
I'm not quite 31 weeks, and I feel like I'm getting these tightenings all day every day. Every single time I woke up last night (which was at least five, welcome to pregnancy bladder, and nightmares for a three-year-old) my belly was rock hard and even hurting. They say to call the doctor if you are having more than three an hour, but truthfully, I haven't timed anything. Pretty sure I'm not in preterm labor or anything, but I hope all this 'practice' leads to a faster labor than the last time.
I think we have also chosen a name. Well, a first name, at least, which is the most important. I'm so excited, though it feels strange to call her by a name now, and not constantly wonder what we should name her. On the plus side, though, perhaps I can focus some energy of SOMETHING ELSE. Seriously. All my mental energy lately has been captured by the baby. And the baby's name. And wondering what the baby will be like. And calculating just how many more days 10 weeks is. And contemplating the likelihood of remaining pregnant until September. Let me tell you, the house and school is suffering because of it. Why can't I get that nesting instinct I've heard so much about?

No comments:
Post a Comment