Please to ignore the stretch marks.
I'm very ready. I promised myself I wouldn't get overly anxious this time, that I'd let the baby decide and try not to obsess over when labor will start, is labor starting? how much longer until labor starts? Turns out, it's not that easy. I'm just over 38 weeks now, pretty early for any baby to make an appearance. I probably have another two weeks. I can be patient. I can. Really.
But I don't want to be! :) I want to hold this little girl, welcome her into our family. Not be pregnant anymore. Though, I know I should be relishing in every minute that I'm pregnant with this girl. This could be my last pregnancy, our last child. We could stop at two. That is a decision we'll make down the road, but still. This could be it. Every time I feel her sweet little feet, I rejoice. Every instant she is a part of not just my soul, but of my body, is a miracle in itself. I love being pregnant.
I'm just ready. Show me a pregnant woman not anxious to meet her baby at 38 weeks - I don't think they exist. All part and parcel of the amazing journey of creating a baby.
I love you, Amalia Susan. I am so honored to be your mama, and so grateful that you are growing healthily and perfectly inside my body. I am so excited to meet you, to hold you, to cradle you, to kiss you. We're ready whenever you are.


No comments:
Post a Comment