Sunday, August 21, 2011

Will I get these brain cells back?

So, I wrote that last post on August 17, actually one day after Sofia's birthday.  I didn't get around to actually posting it until today.  Finding actual thoughts to put together is difficult.  Finding nouns and putting together sentences is sometimes impossible.  Remembering things?  A thing of the past.  I went to the grocery store today without a list.  I floundered around, circling the place several times and walked out with milk (which we needed!  score!) and some other random crap.  I cannot be trusted.
40 weeks 2 days.  Not particularly late, but more than ready.  Today, I've been having increased contractions and more pain.  I also had several bouts of shortness of breath and racing heart that made me sit down.  I keep trying to convince this kid that it is time to evict, time to meet the rest of us.  She's unconvinced.  I have an OB appointment tomorrow, and am hoping to get some sort of plan of action.  Actually, I'm hoping to be 7 cm dilated and sent to the hospital for the most painless labor ever, but that seems unlikely.
Hello?  Labor?  I'm ready and waiting!

No comments: