I spent much of last night awake, feeling my rock-hard belly as it had yet another contraction, lasting most of the night. I tried not to be excited, to go to sleep, remind myself that this was probably not it, that baby probably still has a while to go. I couldn't help it. Each tightening made me smile, and as they started to hurt, I felt butterflies in my stomach. And then...morning. Gah. Not only am I not in labor, but now I'm tired. Ah, well. It is still far too early to be optimistic (I'll be 38 weeks on Friday), but I can't help thinking that it is going to be soon. Relatively soon, anyway. Within three weeks or so.
So, I'm spending this morning trying to decide what to put into a hospital bag. A going home outfit? For me? I just don't have enough clothes to put something in a bag that I won't see for awhile. Toiletries? I need my contacts and glasses every day until then. Nursing bras? Yeah, I'd better find some of those. I hear Target is a good place. So far, my bag has my slippers, socks, the one nursing/sleeping bra I could find from last time, the boppy pillow without a cover, and some sample shampoos. I'm washing baby things to pack for the little one. I have to dig out the car seat and wash the cover. I did manage to find the Ergo and a diaper bag, both of which are currently in the washing machine. I think I might be starting to feel that nesting instinct that people talk about, though instead of crazily cleaning, I am just panicking and walking around aimlessly. Less productive.
Every morning, when she wakes up, and before she starts screaming for no apparent reason, Sofia cradles my belly, gives it a kiss, and says, "Good morning, Amalia." C'mon, sweetie. We are all so ready to meet you, even though we may not be actually ready. Must go put in another load of laundry and find the bassinet.

2 comments:
Hey, I have something you can pack in that hospital bag -- the boppy cover! It is (and has been for several weeks...sorry...) packed up in a box labeled with your address. We will get it FedEx'd out to you this weekend. So, Molly, don't come before next Tuesday, k?
Love you all and can't wait to welcome this little beauty into the world.
Actually, I think it is one of the things that made it into Mom's suitcase. It is currently in the dryer waiting for me to fold it. :)
Post a Comment