A few months ago, when frustrated with my daughter's means of communication (mainly whining, at the moment) I began to introduce some baby signs. A little late to the game, I realize, but I hoped it would help us both. In the past month, we have mastered waving hello and goodbye, and blowing kisses. Neither of which is an actual baby sign. Details.
The past few mornings, Sofia has decided 4 am is the wake-up time of choice. She's still tired, but doesn't particularly want to sleep. So, I gather her groggy-eyed from her bed, and lay her down in ours, in hopes that she'll get bored and go to sleep. Rather than sleep, we get hands on our noses, feet in our stomachs, and a sitting, standing baby demanding attention. In a half-assed attempt from a sleepy mama to get her to LIE. DOWN. ALREADY. I pat the bed, and say "lie down, sweetie". So, this morning, I asked Little Lady to lie down. She grins, leans over, and pats her little palm on the bed. Sitting up.
Little stinker. I think she's ready for baby signs after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment