Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A New Journey

I'm on a new mission, and I need whatever help I can get. I'm ready to no longer consider myself overweight.
I'm not certain that I'm ready for what that entails. You know, all the right choices. The will power, the continuity of it all. The fact that eating right today doesn't make up for yesterday. Working out this week doesn't excuse you from next week. Forever.
But it isn't just weight.
It is health.
I am basically a healthy person, but I want to stay that way. I want activity and fun to be part of my life for the rest of my life. I want to pass that love of activity on to my children. Sedentary moms just aren't as fun.
So, I'm making choices. I'm trying. I don't always succeed; sometimes I do. I need to make the successes happen more often than the mistakes.
I need a goal. Perhaps one that isn't weight-related. I'm on the prowl for a 5 k or a 10 k.
Please to ignore the coke I just drank.

No comments: