Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Starting Again (again)

Today, I actually woke up and got my walk in before I went to work. Of course, I left for said walk an hour and a half later than I'd planned, but still. Awake and walking before the baby woke up. Go me.
I love taking walks with Sofia. I love running with Sofia in the stroller. However, it is rather hard to maintain correct form while pushing a stroller or with a baby on your back. So, by waking up in the morning, I can run by myself, walk using my exercise poles, actually swing my arms and not worry if Sofia dropped her pacifier, or if she's too cold, or if she's getting sunburned. I'm proud that I actually did it, and plan on doing it every morning.
I'm starting again. For real. Again. I am going to do this. I am going to get in shape.
My friend Melissa (a crazy runner--I mean, she did a 10 K the day before her daughter was born) is going to help me train for a 5-10K run. I mean, not a huge goal, but a goal nonetheless, and if someone is giving me assignments, or meeting me someplace, I can't bail. No excuses.
So, I'm fighting the urge to get a chocolate bar and the need for a mid-afternoon sugar rush. I'm choosing to go get some water, and to sit my butt on that exercise ball I keep at work. Maybe I'll do some crunches while I'm there.
There will be progress. Yes, I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An amazing pic i took of a circle around the sun a few minutes ago..check out it worth!