We might have a plan. A much-needed direction. I'm so excited about it, and I only hope my husband is, too.
My husband is a stay-at-home Dad. For the most part, he likes it. He has a relationship with his daughter that most dads just dream of. He is an incredible father, and they are both benefitting from this arrangement. But. Being a stay at home parent is hard. It is a job that never ends, and a job that is un-glorified. Especially for a man, and especially for a Latino Man. He feels that he doesn't have a job, as much as I try to convince him otherwise. He doesn't want to find a group of Stay-at-Home Dads, the way that most stay-at-home moms do. That just isn't for him. He is lonely. Feels like he doesn't have a direction.
I think we've found a way to keep the stay-at-home parenting, yet have him and me working. I would love to be the stay at home parent, but since my job pays more, and carries the benefits, it just isn't feasible. Living on one income these days is so very difficult, and we're barely treading water. I'm knocking on wood and sending good thoughts to the universe, and yes, praying that this new plan goes to fruition.
Keep us in your thoughts.

1 comment:
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Hey, we have sooo been in the same situation you are in now. My hub has been a sahd several times in our married life, and he feels the same way your man does. It takes more time for them to work through it than it does for sahms, I think.
Good luck in whatever your plan is.
And your daughter? Is so freaking adorable. I could eat her up.
Post a Comment